Secondary glazing is an excellent alternative to double glazing. Not only are you able to reap the same advantages of double glazing, such as reduced road noise and a warmer home, but all this comes at a fraction of the cost.
Secondary double glazing is a service provided by Bracknell Glazing and it involves fitting slim-line glazing inside your existing single-glazed window. The primary purpose is to insulate and soundproof the windows. These high quality internal fittings are an excellent and efficient way of reducing energy heat loss and saving you money on bills.
Secondary glazing is a cost-effective alternative to traditional glazing systems, benefits of these systems include:
- Help reduce or eradicate condensation on glass
- Provide thermal insulation; energy efficiency (typically 10% on heating costs according to the energy saving trust – EST) in your property
- Sound and noise proofing
- Reduced drafts in rooms
- Assist in improving window security
- Minimal disruption and mess compared with having completely new glazing
- Doesn’t require planning permission, making it an ideal solution for listed properties or buildings in conservation areas
- Secondary glazing prices are much lower than double glazing and there’s no need to replace your windows
Secondary glazing is also ideal for historic, period and listed buildings as the style of the original windows need to be maintained. For more information on secondary glazing get in contact with us today and let us help you find the right solution for your property.